Monday 21 September 2009

My First Blog Challenge......


Well, I thought, I've been here nearly two weeks and haven't entered a blog-based challenge yet. Been quite scared and intimidated to be perfectly honest, as there are some incredible crafters out there. *sighs heavily*

However, I'm never going to learn if I don't try. So here goes....

I've chosen The Sugar Bowl Challenge 19 to start off with, as I saw Marlene's sketch on someone's blog this morning and thought it looked interesting.

The image is Manga Girl #1 by Sugar Nellie coloured with Promarkers, papers are Earth Love by Cosmo Cricket, flowers are from the new E-line at Prima (cheap as chips!) and the sentiment is by Hero Arts.

The brief was to follow the sketch and include pink and brown. Even though it doesn't really look it, thanks to my marvellously pitiful photography skills, the almost orangey colour is actually Coral Pink....honest!

Hope it's okay, looks a little busy to me (almost in a 70's kind of way) but what the hey! Thanks for looking. :)
P.S. - Ooh, just realised the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week is Pink and Brown too - yaay, two challenges in one go!!! :D

14 comments:

  1. Thanks Neenie for your lovely comment on my blog, glad to know you, I am a new bloger just like you :-) I like you card very much and your little Pretty Kitty! Hugs Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Janeen, I love these images, haven't got any yet. Your colouring is great. and It's not too busy, it's Retro. Good luck hun and welcome to the challenges.
    Hugs
    Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card :)
    The papers are great, like the design alot :)
    And the Manga girl is cool.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the pinks and browns. Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great hun love the image and great colurs too love cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Janeen - thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T.Not too busy - pretty much spot on I'd say! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey that card is incredible! and she is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Neenie and so nicely coloured! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments, I noticed you had the other day but couldn't find my way to yours, so I'm pleased you made a return visit! Sadly the follower link seems to be down, so can't follow you at the mo, but will be back!!! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card,

    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge.

    Peggy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Janeen, I love it! Lovely image and your colouring is great, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck!

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card! I love this image!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Janeen, thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Love,

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is wonderful great papers and I love the image

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate them all. Neenie x :)