Sunday 8 November 2009

Doggone Birthday!


It may be considered sad by some, but I always send a birthday card to my S-I-L's Black Labrador, Jessie. She's a huge member of the family and is very much considered as one of the kids, she's just turned 10 and I'm dreading the day that she passes away (she suffers from epilepsy and is lucky to have made it this far). I always give her a cat card as she's never been a cat lover although, thankfully now, she's too rotund to chase them!


Stamped Image: X-Large Love by Penny Black, coloured with Derwent Watercolour pencils and stickled to an inch of it's life.

Sentiment: Small Tag Lines by Paper Studio.

Papers: The Green Stack by DCWV.

Border Punch: Valentine Lace by Martha Stewart.


10 comments:

  1. Hi Janeen - Love the idea of sending a card to your favourite pet! This is such a cute card - love the MS punched border and all the glitter!
    Pleased to hear the boys are now OK -hope you are all having a lovely weekend.
    Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card and love the idea of you sending this image to a dog!! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Darling I love this PB stamp and you have coloured it beautifully
    Thanks for letting me know I my hanger was in the mag I didn't even know !!! lol
    I will order it now from crafts u love
    if you get a chance will you do me a favor and take a photo of the page for me and email it to me at kutnkut@tiscali.co.uk
    not to worry if you can't
    Oh I am all excited now !!! lol
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great card ,love the cat image ,its so cute ,i think its great you all send the dog a card,
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is wonderful, such a cute image. I send my pets cards as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love penny black and this cute cute stamp!! You have made such an adorable card!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card.......I will be making my little Gem a birthday card at the end of this month too lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Neenie! I thought I'd pop by as hadn't visited for a bit. Definately not sad, I'd be the kind of person to send a pet a card too! Love the way you've used the Penny Black cat too, so cute! Hope you're keeping ok.
    Hugs Shelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool card - perfect for chasing - don't think that cat could move too fast! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya darlin this card is so sweet and coloured beatifully, thanks for paying me another visit, you cheered me up, with your comment, I hopei m well soon too cos im so impatient lol thanks hun huggies and love from me xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate them all. Neenie x :)